The application form for all programs are enclosed as in a prospectus. The candidate may apply against many categories as he/she desires. In such case he/she must indicate preference on the application form.
Decision regarding un-utilized seats in each category shall be made by the admission committee.
Variation in Seats
The Admission Committee may exercise their right at any time to increase or decrease the number of seats allocated to any category or create/abolish any category and there shall be no appeal against such a decision. Rules applicable to admission will also be applicable to such variation.
The following examinations are considered as equivalent to the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics of the Pakistan boards of intermediate and secondary education:
1. Intermediate (Pre-engineering) examinations of the board of intermediate and secondary Education, Azad Kashmir.
2. Cambridge Overseas Higher Secondary Certificate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
3. British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with physics, chemistry and Mathematics.
4. F.Sc . (Pre-Medical) with mathematics as an additional subject.
5. 12th Grade of American school.
Provisions about admission on the basis of B.Sc. degree
Given the qualifications and restrictions stated below, a person who is not over age, is eligible for admission to the Bachelor’s course at IET on the basis of degree of Bachelor of Science. A person possessing a B.Sc. degree is NOT eligible for admission to the Bachelor degree engineering course at the IET unless he has also passed F.Sc. (pre-engineering) securing at least 60% marks.
Scope of Eligibility for B.Sc.’s with F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering)
For admission to the B.Sc. course in engineering an applicant may have passed B.Sc. examination with any combination.
Age Restrictions Criteria
A candidate must not have attained the age given below on the last date fixed for receipt of applications for admission to all undergraduate disciplines:
i. 26 years (On the basis of FSc or equivalent).
ii. 28 years (On the basis of Bsc).
iii. 42 years (On the basis of DAE, B.Tech (Hon) or B.S. Technology)
Employed candidates shall have to take full leave from their organization and provide NOC for confirmation of admission.
All candidates will furnish a certificate from a registered medical practitioner, declaring that they do not have any serious disease with may be harmful to them or others during the course of their studies at IET.
DETERMINATION OF MERITS
Examination Treated Par
for purposes of admission to the bachelor degree courses and the determination of merit the following examination are treated at par;
- F.Sc. (pre-engineering)
- Cambridge overseas Higher School Certificate with physics, chemistry and mathematics
- British General Certificate of Education (advance level physics, chemistry and mathematics). The comparative merits of the applicant are determined on the basis of marks obtained by them in these examinations plus marks obtained in entry test.
Highest percentage of marks counted
If an applicant has passed more than one of the above examinations/Entry Test, his position on the merit list is determined on the basis of the examination in which he has the highest Percentage of the marks
Deduction of marks For examination passed by part/subject improved
If an applicant has passed an examination by parts or subject improve, (10) marks has deducted from his aggregate marks. While determining his/her merit
Merits of F.Sc .’s (Pre-Medical) with Mathematics
in determining the merit of an applicant having F.S c. (Pre Medical) with mathematic as an additional subject
a) It is deemed that he has passed the examination by parts as such 10 marks shall be detected from his/her aggregate marks for the determination of his/her merit.
b) The marks obtained in the subject of biology are replaced by those obtained in the Mathematics.
Merits of 12th Grade of American School
To determine the merit of applicant who has passed the 12th grade of the American (with mathematics, physics, and chemistry) the aggregate marks obtained by him are reduced to 85/100 (as per IBCC equivalent)
Merits of B.Tech (Hons) Through Semester System
Candidates having passed their B.Tech (Hons) degree through semester system must get their CGPA’s converted to %age marks from their respective institutes. The %age marks shall be multiplied by 0.85 to calculate the marks for the merit list. Candidate who submit their CGPA’s without getting them converted to %age marks shall not be considered for admission on B.Tech (Hons) basis.
Credit for Hafiz-e-Quran
A Hafiz-e-Quran will be credited 20 marks for determining the overall merits. A certificate from recognized institution and passing oral test arranged by NFC IET Multan is required.
Determination of merits in case of equal percentage of admission marks
If two or more applicant have equal percentage of marks
(upto three places of decimal) in the comparative merit, the order of merit between them shall be determined in following preferences:
1) Matriculation marks.
2) Age (candidate older in age being treated as Higher in merit)
• NFC-IET will organize its own Entry Test. Schedule of Entry Test see at the end.
• Forall programmes, ECAT (conducted by UET, Lahore) or NAT (conducted by NTS).
• B-Architechture Program department aptitude test conducted in NFC-IET.
• For LLB program LAT test conducted by HEC.
• If a student attempted more than one Entry Test, highest
%age will be counted to merit determination.