Welcome to the Department of Chemical Engineering Technology
The Aim of the institute is to develop technical skills in students to meet the requirement of industries and Achieving highest academic ranking at National level while maintaining self sustainability of the institute. The Mission includes to pursue incorporation of acknowledged academic evaluation standards in all strategic planning and policies of the Institute moreover safeguarding and efficient management of financial resources of the Institute.
The mission of the Department of Chemical Engineering Technology at NFC IET Multan is to provide a high-quality learning environment inculcating fundamental and specialized technological knowledge, skills in critical thinking, communication, team work and leadership for producing globally competitive technologists; and to create opportunities for students for industrial training that contributes to society through sustainable technologies.
An undergraduate program in Chemical Engineering/Technology provides a strong foundation in the basic sciences, mathematics, engineering and life sciences. The educational foundation, coupled with opportunities for extracurricular experiences, research/internship opportunities, teaching, advising and mentoring, provides a broad pathway for students to pursue a wide variety of post-graduate opportunities such as:
Faculty at NFC-IET have impeccable qualifications, extensive expertise and experience in their chosen fields and an overriding commitment to the welfare of their students. Our faculty is one of the biggest reasons why students select NFC-IET.
Department has recently equipped following state of the art labs with modern equipment
Chemical Engineering department is a purpose built building that offers ample space for laboratories, training rooms, spacious class rooms, meeting and discussions rooms, video conference rooms, and faculty offices.
Facilities in the labs are for better learning and to prepared them to fulfill the future job requirements. Following facilities are available in our lab:
- Advance Coal Research Center
- Latest Computers
- Air conditioned classrooms
- Access of Free Wifi
- Highly Equipped computers for specialized applications
- Research clusters
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The objective of Chemical Engineering Technology Program is to produce graduates able to:
Program Learning Outcomes
The Program Learning Outcomes are given below. PLOs are published on the official website of NFC- IET, Multan as well as on different notice board of the Chemical Engg. Technology Department.
- 1. Engineering Technology Knowledge (SA1): An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, Engineering Technology fundamentals and Engineering Technology specialization to defined and applied Engineering Technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- 2. Problem Analysis (SA2): An ability to Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- 3. Design/Development of Solutions (SA3): An ability to design solutions for broadly- defined Engineering Technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4. Investigation (SA4): An ability to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Highly Equipped computers for specialized applications
- 5. Modern Tool Usage (SA5): An ability to Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The Engineering Technologist and Society (SA6): An ability to demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Engineering Technology practice and solutions to broadly defined Engineering Technology problems.
- 7. Environment and Sustainability (SA7): An ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of Engineering Technology work in the solution of broadly defined Engineering Technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- 8. Ethics (SA8): Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering Technology practice
- 9. (Individual and Team Work (SA9): An ability to Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- 10. Communication (SA10): An ability to communicate effectively on broadly defined Engineering Technology activities with the Engineering Technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project Management (SA11): An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering Technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Lifelong Learning (SA12): An ability to recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist Engineering Technologies.
Department News & updates
No Event found.