As adopted by Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
The minimum duration of the degree programe shall not be less than four academic years.
The medium of instructions and examinations shall be English for all subjects except Islamic Studies and Pakistan Studies for which the medium of instructions and examination shall be either Urdu or English.
No candidate shall be admitted to an examination after the expiry of 07 academic years from the date of his/ her admission in the Institute/ University.
The course of studies, the number of credit hours allotted to each course and the detailed syllabus shall be according to the proposals made by the Board of Studies concerned and approved by the Syndicate on the recommendations of the Board of Faculties and Academic Council.
Part - I (Theory Paper)
Sessional marks in Theory Papers may consists of attendance, Quiz, Sessional Tests or any other assignment as determined by the teacher concerned and shall carry 20% of the total marks allotted to part - I of the subject. In each semester there will be a mid term of 30% marks shich will be conducted by the teacher concerned under the semester system rules of B.Z.U. The remaining 50% of the marks shall be allocated for the end-term written examination conducted by B.Z.U.
Part - II (Practical & Viva-Voce)
Sessional work may consist of attendance, laboratory, design, quiz, studio work and any other assignment as determined by the teacher concerned and shall carry 50% of the total marks allocated to Part - II of a subject and the remaining 50% of the marks shall be for end-term practical and viva-voce examinations.
Final Result of each semester
Final result (GPA, SGPA & CGPA) will be calculated for each semester as per semester system rule.
The attendance requirement for appearing in semester examination will be as that of B.Z.U. which is minimum 85% of the total lectures delivered.
Application for Examination
A candidate who which to seek admission to an examination shall submit to the Controller of Examinations through the Director of the Institute, an application in the prescribed form.
A candidate shall be admitted to the Degree if...
He/ She has passed all the papers of the Degree Programme in the relevant discipline; and
He/She has attended and satisfactorily completed at least 04 to 08-weeks Industrial Training where applicable as certified by the Director NFC Institute of Engineering & Technological Training, Multan .
A CGPA of 2.00 on scale of 4.00 at the completion of all course work as prescribed by the department.
Provisional Promotion of Higher Semester
All the BZU rules relating to Semester promotion/regulation/probation will be followed.
Student will have to submit an affidavit on provisional promotion to next Semester that if he fails to fulfill the condition of promotion, he will be relegated/dropped and he will not claim any compensation/refund of fee.