Professional Skills Development (PSDP) was started at Technical Training Center (TTC), Multan in 1985. TTC, a subsidiary of National Fertilizer Corporation of Pakistan. (NFC) was established with the technical assistance of M/s. COSMO International Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan at a cost of Rs. 45.9 million. Later on, TTC was upgraded to NFC Institute of Engineering &Technological Training (IET), and B.Sc Engineering Programs were introduced in affiliation with Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan in 1994. The lecture rooms, library and laboratory facilities were grossly expanded at a cost of Rs. 40.0 million during the years of 1996 - 1997. Facilities at the IET were further extended with the addition of 288 canal of land, establishment of new hostels, coal research center, sports complex and staff housing etc. in the years 2005 -07.
- The Institute offers outstanding facilities for industrial technical training available in the country.
- The Institute offers a broad range of training services and programs for personnel working for the manufacturing industry in general and chemical process industry in particular.
- These programs, developed through extensive research, draw heavily on the experience of NFC as an organization of repute in the field of industrial operations and management.
- Numerous inputs from consultants and professionals in the industry have gone towards evolving a system of training that offers highly effective, dynamic and continually updated courses.
- Today, the IET is a leading Institute in Engineering Education and Industrial Training through its human resource development programs, maintaining a strong commitment towards offering training program with clear, measurable objectives and results.
- The Institute trains engineers, managers, operators and technicians through multi-dimensional programs with that vary widely in content and duration. These programs are developed with the following aims.
- To offer professionals and managers in industry, the knowledge and skills needed to develop their careers and capability in a rapidly changing technological environment through the "Professional Skills Development Program".
- To promote the cause of industrial training as a vital force for survival and progress in a competitive industrial environment through In-House Training Programs.
- To develop an efficient and highly productive work-force of technicians and operators for the industry through one year training program.